Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Is "Balance" possible

Over at Pyromaniacs, Phil Johnson has an excellent post concerning the attempt by many to walk the line of balance theologically. The usual places this is found were mentioned, that is, trying to find a middle line between legalism and license or a middle area between Calvinism and Arminianism. He points out that there is danger in taking this sort of approach.

As I was reading the first thing that came to my mind is the current "Dialog on Homosexuality" in the RCA. I guess is shows how big the problems are in the RCA when we seem to think that dialog will bring us to some sort of middle ground. I don't see it happening, and if it does, I cannot imagine many of the people I know who are currently in the RCA staying in the RCA. There is not place of balance in this discussion. My prayer is that as a denomination God helps us realize that, turning us back to him more fully.

0 comments:

Post a Comment