Saturday, February 24, 2007

Just Tried Out Skype


I had heard about Skype for a long time, but I had never thought of trying it. Today, however, was different. I decided at last to try it out. I have to say, I like it.

If you don't know what Skype is let me tell you. It is a free voice over ip (voip for short) phone service. If you have high speed internet access, you can use it to make phone calls. It is completely free if the people you are calling also have Skype. Even better, you can also call normal phone numbers for a small fee. I have not paid out for this feature yet, but I probably will in the very near future. As with the other voip providers, you can even get phones that will work with it so you can have that comfortable handset that you are so used to.

At the moment I don't know anyone with Skype, but I am going to encourage some of my friends to get it. The sound quality while doing the test call to set up my microphone was excellent. Now I just need to get some people I know onto this so I can call them for free.

I encourage those of you with high speed access to the internet to try it out if you haven't already. Oh, you will need a microphone that can be used with your computer as well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment