Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Driver's Side Back Together

Early this morning I got the drivers side of the van back together. The bearings greased and installed, the rotor/hub installed, the new pads installed and caliper bolted in. I did a little work at lunch as well on the passenger side, but still have a lot to do. I was hoping to get the rivet heads for the upper ball joint ground off, but it took more than the time I had available. If the Executive meeting is over early this evening, and it is still light out when I get home, I may take the grinder to them again and see if I can get them out. If I can, tomorrow morning I can hopefully get the two ball joints done as doing them shouldn't take more than 1 to 1.5 hours. I should have that time before lunch. Then maybe Wednesday Evening I can get the bearings, rotor and brakes done. That would be nice. Then all that would be left is the shocks, and tie-rods. On the other hand, I doubt I will have time to do all that, so it might not be until Friday or Saturday. I would like to get the lower ball joint done so I can return the tool.


Post a Comment