Monday, May 28, 2007

Arrived In Carlisle

Today we left for the Banner at 6:30am. We had a good and uneventful trip from Exeter to Woodstock where we met up with the rest of the group we were traveling with.

By a little after 8:00AM we were on our way. Unlike last year we had no problems at the border--Oh the blessing of not having anyone who has immigration problems. Travel went well, and other than a couple of stops for breaks we went straight through to Savona where we ate at Mom's Savona Diner. This is where we traditionally stop every year to enjoy a Philly Cheese Steak. Once again the food was quite good.

Following Lunch, we continued our travel. We made very good time, and did not have to stop for gas until we were within an hour and a half from Carlisle. We could have gone further, but I didn't want to get too low on gas only to discover no gas stations are within driving distance. I was quite pleased 700+ Km on one tank of gas, and I could have went further. I guess the tune-up I gave the van this winter was well worth it as we did not get this far on a full tank last year.

We arrived at the motel in Carlisle a little before 5:30PM. Not bad travel time at all.

Tonight we are heading out for supper, but I am not sure where. Another Banner attendee who we ran into in the foyer of the motel told us we should trust him to find a good place to eat.

I wonder how Annette and Justin are doing. I particularly wonder how bed time will work as he won't be able to have his normal evening routine where he says nite, nite to his dad.

The motel has WiFi for $2.99, and I am considering getting it so I can call Annette using Skype.

0 comments:

Post a Comment