Friday, May 30, 2008

Banner Stuff

Our trip back from the Banner Conference went well, except for a rather long wait due to an accident in front of us. That meant getting home between 2:30 and 3:00AM. I didn't get as much sleep as I would have liked as my son was very excited his daddy was home and wanted to play once he got up. I hope to get the rest of my entries for the conference up before the weekends if up, but at the moment I am too tired to be able to think them through.

Reflecting on the conference it was quite good. I was challenged where I needed to be challenged, encouraged where I needed to be encouraged and instructed where I needed to be instructed.

The one complaint I have is that it seemed all too short. Starting last year they changed the schedule so instead of finishing with a Thursday evening session, the conference ends at about 3:30 or 4:00PM in the afternoon. I believe some of the thinking there was that there were some people who left Thursday afternoon, sometimes even a rather large number, rather than staying for the later afternoon session or the evening session. Perhaps this change was meant to encourage them to stay later. Sadly, if that was the intention, it has not worked. Many people left before the closing message, not to mention a sizable number left before the panel on preaching. As for me, I would just as soon go back to the previous format which allows for more time fellowshipping with one another Thursday afternoon following lunch, not to mention allowing for staying Thursday night at Messiah and having breakfast there followed by a leisurely drive home on Friday.

Overall, a good conference of which I am looking forward to getting the CDs.

1 comments:

RogueMonk said...

I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Blessings, RogueMonk


PS - Shoot me an email and let me know how things are in your neck of the woods.

Post a Comment