Tuesday, October 10, 2006

More on Brakes

Well, I seem to be having a problem that I can't nail down. I did the front brakes, replaced both calipers, pads and rotors. Took it out for a test drive and all seemed well except the rear brakes were making horrible noises. I did the rear brakes replacing both drums, shoes and springs. Now when I brake, I get a repeating thumping noise that slows down as the vehicle slows down. I'm not sure what the cause is. At first, since I didn't notice it when I had done the front brakes, I figured it was the rear brakes not being quite adjusted even though it felt and sounded like the noise was coming from the front drivers side. Checked the rear brakes again to make sure everything was the way it should be. Took it out for a drive still heard and felt the thumping. Decided to do the drive by test with my wife to see where the noise was coming from. She heard it from the front drivers side. So, I pulled that side apart, but everything looks good. It could be a defective rotor, so I may just get it replaced, but then again, it could be a defective caliper, or something I else I am overlooking. If anyone who is experienced with brakes reads this, suggestions are always appreciated.

0 comments:

Post a Comment