Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Knee Problems

Today my knee decided that it should cause me some problems. I 1997 I had a torn meniscus repaired. Until recently it had caused me no problems. Then about a year back it started to cause me the same problems again. The torn piece of meniscus, because I have most certainly torn it again, will flip up and lock my knee. This is fairly painful, and means my knee cannot be extended all the way without pain or bare weight. I can force it to flip back, but that hurts and causes more damage. The best course is wait it out which takes several hours, but as long as I don't move a lot, is pretty painless. Pray that my knee will unlock please as once it does the pain will be gone.

2 comments:

jen said...

Oh, my! You're just going through it lately. We'll pray for you...

Rileysowner said...

Yes, I guess I am. This pain is nothing even close to the kidney stone. The annoying thing is that I can't move around very easily at all--only on crutches--until the knee unlocks. Thankfully, it did that this morning.

Post a Comment